Deletes

Topics: Possible Bugs/Missing Features?
Jul 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM
Hi Todd I have a KSCD with a SCD1 output and a deleted output. Do you know why I can't get data to go down the deleted output? I run the package and the dimension is loaded with the correct number of records. I delete some records from the source system table and re-run package. The KSCD does not detect the deleted records. This works fine for type2s. Am I being stupid and missing something about the way this should work? Does it need to be configured in a certain way to detect these deletes? Thanks Alex
Jul 26, 2010 at 10:59 AM
Hi Todd After digging around in the code I found this: #region Found in current existing, and SCD2 tracking is OFF --> Unchanged else { try { // copy current to Unchanged this.ProcessCache_SendExistingToUnchanged(thisKey, existingCurrentRow); } #region catch ... catch (Exception ex)........ It seems you've made the decision to send Type1s missing from source down the unchanged route. Which is ok, i think. This makes me question what use the deleted output is? I was hoping to use the deleted output on Type1s to log an error / issue, as in this scenario there should be no deletes and if there are we need to escalate it as an issue. Why not send Type1 deletes down deleted and let the developer decide what to do with them? Thanks Alex
Jul 26, 2010 at 1:17 PM

There is a work item submitted for this.  It is 6032.

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010 at 2:49 AM

I just checked the code... and you appear to be completely correct.  I'll mark up that issue with a test to make sure it fails the test before I fix the bug.