Delete no output where output is expected

Topics: Possible Bugs/Missing Features?
Dec 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Hello,

I have the following situation:

• Source system: table in Access
  • Existing system: table in SQL Server 2008R2
  • One column for surrogate key (identity column), business key (code) and a SCD1 (description)
  • A data flow for Updated SCD1, New and deleted
  • Kimball SCD v1.5 installed, BIDS 2008 and where possible x64

The dataflow works properly, that is there are no errors. However: the deleted data flow will not give any rows, where the information is stating:

Information: 0x0 at geaggregeerde_activiteitgroepen, Kimball Method Slowly Changing Dimension: Rows output: 17 Unchanged, 1 New, 1 Deleted, 2 SCD1, 0 SCD2 Expired, 0 SCD2 New, 0 Invalid Input
Information: 0x0 at geaggregeerde_activiteitgroepen, Kimball Method Slowly Changing Dimension: 0,7 seconds to complete.

The kimball task detects a deleted row, but it won't get passed to the data flow. A bug or am I doing something wrong here?

Kind regards,

Tom Tooten

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything incorrectly - thanks for all the detail in your post.

Can you download the test harness, and contrive an example that demonstrates this in the Excel file?  Or send me a sample package that reproduces this problem?

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hi Todd,

I copied all my work and removed all parts except the stuff you need. However, when trying to reproduce the problem, it seems that the Kimball task does not recognize any deletes at all. It does recognize that in the source system is one record less then the existing system, but does not indicate any deleted rows.

If you want, I can email you the Access database, the SQL 2008R2 database and the package all together. Just tell me where to email this to.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I might have time to take a look - no guarantees though... click on my name and "contact me" to send me your package and data.

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Hi Todd,

I did send you the package and date a while back now. Do you have an update on this issue?

Coordinator
May 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I didn't have a 2008R2 instance set up, but I'm close to having one (redoing my VMs).  Hopefully I'll get to it...