Component not installed correctly??

Topics: Issues 1: Installing the Component
Apr 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Todd,

I’m trying to Upgrade to the new version (1.6) of the component.  It appears to install ok, but when I add it to the dataflow I get the following error:

'MouldingAndMillwork.SSIS.DimensionMergeSCDEditorInterface,DimensionMergeSCD100,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=8b0551303405e96c' does not implement the expected component editor interface. Verify that the component editor is installed properly.

Whats missing? (I restarted SSIS service after installing).

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I am getting the same error.  Did you ever figure out the problem?

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Hi Dan,

well there are a number of things that I worked through with Todd, meaning I had to manually install the component dlls after compiling them

drop me an email  to djitsolutions@hotmail.co.uk and I'll send you all my email correspondance with Todd and also the files I deployed to get the component manually installed.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM
Edited Dec 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM

a number of  people have asked for these files, so here is an update.  The problem as I discovered, was that the component was coded in a visual studio project, primarily I think for the MSCD 2008 version.  Basically, not all the correct code changes were made for the 2005 version......... (we've all done it so dont critise and be grateful for such an awesome SSIS task)

So several emails with Todd McDermitt later.  I made the required changes and recompiled the VS project.
I was going to post up a copy of the VS project, but it's not my project, so if Todd wants  to share I'll send it to him to post up.  For now here is a link to download just the required dll's to get the compnent on your machine and working, https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=f3f613fedae3e017&resid=F3F613FEDAE3E017!131&parid=F3F613FEDAE3E017!122
Install steps are:

1.       Copy the following DLL to the relevant folders:         

DimensionMergeSCD90.dll

Copy To

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents

Install into the GAC, copy to:

C:\Windows\Assembley

SSISComponentUtilities90.dll 

Copy To

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents

Install into the GAC, copy to:

C:\WINDOWS\assembly 

2.      Stop and restart integration services

3.      Add the component to the toolbox from the choose items toolbox designer.

ciao

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Thanks for your effort Dave.

Your dlls fixed the problem for me.

I hadn't realised until now that you can simply drag files into C:\WINDOWS\assembly to register them in Win7.

Thanks again.

Paul

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:47 PM
I am not able to copy into c:\Windows\assembly is there something else I should be doing?