UPDATE process blocked by a TRUNCATE temp table command

Topics: Issues 3: Executing the Component (Run-Time)
Aug 8, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Running Task Factory version 3.6.0.328. I'm experiencing a consistent issue where most of the data will flow through my process, but then one of the update paths (for the last two executions, the Expired SCD2 with SCD1 Changes) will just hang without actually executing or processing rows.

My component is sending data out to four different paths: Deleted, Expired SCD2 with CSD1 Changes, New, and Updated SCD1. With the exception of the New path, which is set up to use a standard OLE DB Destination, each of those tasks performs an Update using the Task Factory Upsert Destination.

All rows have been processed from the source and destination, and all destination components but one have finished executing.

When I look at sp_who2 to see what is going on, I can see a process trying to issue an UPDATE command that is blocked by another process. Executing DBCC INPUTBUFFER shows me that the blocking code is as follows: "truncate table [#temp_Attempt__b361f1f7fc]" (Attempt is the name of the destination table).

Is this a problem with the Dimension Merge component, my Upsert task, or some combination thereof? I'd be happy to provide any further information needed.