Controlling output flow

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Hi

Thanks  for this component It is wroking well.  I am using this component in SQL server  and  it is wroking very well  . we are planning to move from SQL server to Netezza database.  I am using SSIS as ETL , Netezza  as database  and  Netezza  OLEDB driver. Netezza OLEDB driver has one limitation ,We can't insert the data in Parallel (I means Insert into two diffrent table same time). I am getting error messge   when It trying to Insert new records, update  SCD2 and update SCD1. My question is Is it possible to control the output flow like first  push new rows ,  then push SCD2 rows  , then SCD1 rows and etc

Thanks

Arul

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM

There is currently no control over serializing output emitted by the component - and I don't think I'd ever do that.

However, in order to handle your unique requirements, what I'd probably recommend is that you push all of the component's outputs to Raw files.  Then you can configure separate Data Flows that each read a Raw file and submit it to a destination.  You would then wire those Tasks up serially to ensure only one action takes place at a time.