Effective and Expiry Dates can't include time?

Jun 24, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Thanks so much for this component!

Am I right in thinking that I cannot have times in the effective and expiry dates and if so how do we handle multiple changes in one day? I guess I'd like to see the expiry date of one row be the same exact time as the effective date of the new row?

Thanks

Sean

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2009 at 6:46 AM

You're welcome, Sean!  I hope it's helping you out.

When I created the component, I only needed it to handle daily processing - I simply didn't consider multiple or intra-day loads.  There's an issue (#2318) for investigating that - go vote for it.  I can't say that it's not possible - but others seem to have tried and failed, so there must be some tweaks required.  The feature list I'm working on for the next version is pretty solid - I think.  I don't want to add anything more on at this point.  But that issue already has three votes, making it a leader in the unaddressed issues... maybe it'll get in v1.6...

And if you wouldn't mind, Sean - could you post up something about how your packages that use the component are performing for you in the Performance Improvement thread?  It would be great to get some third-party info in there.

Aug 9, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Hi all, What i've done is add the timing to the actual write to the db post processing.  It's not optimal however it works.  We have an internal business rule that mandates the close out of the record has a specific time (23:59:59.997).  In the post process I happen to use the OLE Command as I have a few items I deal with at that point.  In the parameter to the Date Column you specify a value for the ? this is typically the value coming from the source input.  With this ?  I do this (?)+' 23:59:59.997'  this allows me to modulate the time.  In this context you could add in the date part of the GETDATE() so you're getting that value.  As it appears the feature set is pretty static so far with the 1.5 control perhaps Todd might allow some of us with a little skill (grin) to help with features or other additions however I would suspect his time is pretty buttoned up with teaching and his full-time job.  

Aug 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

It should be nice to include this option:

Old record ends now (getdate() ) minus 1 second
New record starts now (getdate() ).

Time included!

Grts. Ronald

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Check to see if Issue 2318 would solve that problem for you, and comment on it if it wouldn't...