Contributing / Testing

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Hi,

I am very impressed with this component. I feel that there are a few too many unfinished details to use in its current state (1.4) to use in production - I have posted the work items I have found so far.

I am working on several projects that require this type of component, but for the current time, I am using Table Difference by sqlbi.eu (http://www.sqlbi.eu/Projects/TableDifference/tabid/74/language/en-US/Default.aspx). I have got a lot of experience with this component and it works very well for me.  It has very few features compared to your component, but it is rock solid.

I would be keen on incorporating Kimball SCD into my work, and to help, was wondering if I could contribute code or testing time to help you.

Paul

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Thanks for the kind words - any help you could offer would be great.  I think that I've been able to address some of your issues in v1.5 - so testing of those would be stellar.  At the moment, I'm trying to find time to make a regression testing environment for the component so that I can test and ensure changes don't break existing capabilities or introduce new problems.