Kimball SCD1.4 hangs on 32bit machine

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Hi, I read some previous posts about the SCD hanging in certain situations (like an empty dimension), but I have been able to consistently hang it in the following scenario:

I have a dimension with 2 business keys - if any one of them is > 63bytes then it will hang. I have set the debug on and can see that it generates a business key for matching. My guess is that the business key generated is too long when the variables is varchar(64) or greater.

I am running on a 32bit machine and am yet to try it on a 64 bit. I have installed v1.5 and it seems to have the same problem.

Thanks

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

I did have similar problems. Tweaking the  the figure for defaultbufferMaxRows seemed to help. I reduced this down to 100.

let me know if it helps

Mark

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Many thanks to blakmk - he beta tested the code I'm currently working with (not uploaded to the site yet) and his issue went away.  I'm still holding my breath a little - but if anyone wants to try this "alpha" v1.5 code, it's currently on my SkyDrive.  No installer or anything fancy - you have to GAC both DLLs, then copy the KSCD one into the PipelineComponents folder(s) manually.