Upgrading SSIS

Feb 12, 2010 at 3:39 AM

I have had a look around, but I can't find any instructions on upgrading a package using this component from SSIS 2K5 to 2K8.  I tried this before Christmas and couldn't get it to work.  This is what I did last time:

1. Uninstall the 2k5 version of the component and install the 2k8 version.

2.  Import my package into a 2K8 project.  

3. Open the package.

This didn't work for me.  It gave me errors on upgrading the component at step 3.  I was going to try again with the newly released 1.5 version, but wanted to ensure what process to follow.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 4:07 AM

Try this: http://kimballscd.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Upgrading%20Instructions&referringTitle=v1.5%20Installation%20Instructions

Please let us know if those instructions work for you.

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:28 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2010 at 4:49 AM

ok..  The new installer seems to have lost the ability to tell it where to install the components (it put them on the c drive when I need it on the d drive).  I will play around with GAC on monday and see if the instructiions work after that.

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 11:04 PM

The current installers don't ask for a path anymore - they only install in the default locations.  Did the "old" installers (at least partly) install in the "right place" if you'd installed SQL on "D"?

Feb 15, 2010 at 2:07 AM

The old (beta) installer asked for a path, but I don't think it worked properly.  I have now gotten this working.  My comments are on the installation instructions.