Invalid Business Key Fields???

Topics: Issues 3: Executing the Component (Run-Time)
Feb 18, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Hi,

I am in the process of trying out this component. But could'nt make much progress as all my inputs are getting diverted as invalid output with "Invalid Business Field error". I am using some test database table and have a empty dimension table, my source is quite identical to the dimension table and contains just 3 rows and there are no null values in it. In the output tab I have checked both housekeeping columns under NEW. I don't use the surrogate key feature in this component as my table as my dimension table has a  identity column for this. Would appreciate some help with this.

Regards

Sanchos

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 10:26 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2010 at 10:28 PM

The component will report "Invalid Business Key(s) detected..." if one of the BK fields is NULL (which you say isn't the case), or if it's unable to handle the data type you've provided for one of the BK columns.  So - what are the data type(s) of the BK columns you're using?  And are there any other errors reported in the Output Window?

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the response. My business key is of type uniqueidentifier. May be this is the problem. Is there a way around?.. No!! there are no other errors in the output, only a warning about the surrogate key.

Regards

Sanchos

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM

GUID BKs should be fine - I have a test specifically for that scenario because I had to fix that in issue 4951.  That fix is in v1.5 - are you using v1.4?

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Thanks Todd,

It works fine now, I was using v1.4.

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I'm getting Invalid Business Key with DT_DBTimestamp (datetime) it is originally DT_DBTIMESTAMP2 but I am converting them all to DT_DBTIMESTAMP as I know that v1.5 doesn't support these (at least with SCD1's)

Is this expected?

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM

What "reason" are you given on the Invalid Input Output?  Place a Data Viewer there, and capture the errors...