Discussions under General

If you have questions about using this project, please search/browse for an answer here before you post.  Given the number of discussions you see, it's quite likely someone else has asked the same question you have.

If you have a reproducible bug, please go to the Issue Tracker to see if it's been observed by someone else.  If it hasn't please file an Issue with COMPLETE information about how I can reproduce it - otherwise it'll never get fixed.

If you have a suggestion for the project, go to the Issue Tracker to see if it's already been suggested (it probably has) and you can up-vote it to let me know it's important to you.  If it hasn't been suggested yet, please add a new feature request in the Issue Tracker.

Keep in mind that this project keeps going solely out of the passion that I have for data warehousing using Microsoft's toolset - this isn't my job.  Honey will get you more than vinegar, so keep your posts respectable.

Is this project dead?

first post: ianlee74_eahcs wrote: I'm looking for an alternative to the SCD component that ships with...

problem with effective date values

first post: Joe9 wrote: While configuring Kimbal SCD transformation, I've faced up a proble...

latest post: veskojl wrote: I'm struggling with the same problem. How to use the modification d...

Is there a version for Denali coming ... or a workaround?

first post: daj102 wrote: I've been a big user of this component in the past, but I'm now wor...

latest post: daj102 wrote: Thanks John ... as I've said, I've used the PW version on other pro...

Change Temp folder location from c:\windows\temp?

first post: Matt_Davies51 wrote: Using the Merge component in SSIS 2008 R2 the default temp folder l...

Does it support backdated updates?

first post: kleach wrote: If I use the source systems "asof" date/time for the "version" time...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: You're out of luck. The component isn't designed to "insert" chang...

SQL processes "sleeping"; SCD in endless Loop

first post: plditallo wrote: Techies-- I have a baffling problem on one of the Windows Server 20...

SCD Dataflow Task Hangs during execution when Existing Dim is Empty

first post: b0wl3y wrote: I have: 150k records SRC table 43 SCD Type 1 columns 4 SCD T...

latest post: Function wrote: Same happend to me, but my dimension wasn't empty and it was during...

buffer size recommendations?

first post: furmangg wrote: Do you have any buffer size recommendations (i.e. DefaultBufferMaxR...

latest post: trickbooter wrote: Hi Todd, I know this is the resurrection of a very old thread, but ...

VS2005 Sample

first post: Fiorina81 wrote: Is there a VS2005 sample project that can be downloaded? It looks ...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: Don't think so... but you should be able to download the sample to ...

Doesn't recognize input as sorted

first post: johnnykk wrote: I am sorting my inputs by specifying an order by clause in data sou...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: The component doesn't require anything - it simply assumes that you...