Discussions under Issues 2: Using the Component (Design-Time)

If you have questions about using this project, please search/browse for an answer here before you post.  Given the number of discussions you see, it's quite likely someone else has asked the same question you have.

If you have a reproducible bug, please go to the Issue Tracker to see if it's been observed by someone else.  If it hasn't please file an Issue with COMPLETE information about how I can reproduce it - otherwise it'll never get fixed.

If you have a suggestion for the project, go to the Issue Tracker to see if it's already been suggested (it probably has) and you can up-vote it to let me know it's important to you.  If it hasn't been suggested yet, please add a new feature request in the Issue Tracker.

Keep in mind that this project keeps going solely out of the passion that I have for data warehousing using Microsoft's toolset - this isn't my job.  Honey will get you more than vinegar, so keep your posts respectable.

problem with effective date values

first post: Joe9 wrote: While configuring Kimbal SCD transformation, I've faced up a proble...

latest post: veskojl wrote: I'm struggling with the same problem. How to use the modification d...

Can I have a configuration file for SCD1 and SCD2 columns?

first post: moslembd wrote: Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to configure the list of col...

Thoughts on intra-day changes on SCD2 dimensions

first post: tlum wrote: I have cases where it is quite valid to have multiple changes to a...

Passthrough columns in SCD component

first post: manojuppal wrote: Working on my first SCD data flow and having some starting hiccups...

latest post: WeeeBob wrote: I've come across this one myself, with strangely enough the same ty...

Special Members Usage

first post: donnapkelly wrote: The documentation says: "This flow is entirely optional, but provi...

latest post: donnapkelly wrote: At this point, I'm stymied. Here's the situation: Two input table...

Update history for SCD Type 1 Changes

first post: howetj wrote: HiBefore closing this discussion thinking - this dude does not know...

latest post: WeeeBob wrote: Ahh a little clearer now.I tend to just go for option 2 for Type 1 ...

How to use date from source system as eff_dt using KSCD

first post: lordrobbery wrote: Hi all, My question's about using date from source system as eff_dt...

How to use given column for date in KSCD

first post: kleach wrote: First of all.. thank you for saving all of us the work to make this...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: Re #1 - The problem I have is squaring this circle: Your dimension...

Record is already exists in Dimension table but still Kimball SCD Component is Identifying it as a new record every time I run Package

first post: AnujaETL wrote: Hi Todd,I am sorry I posted question on http://social.msdn.microsof...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: Replacing the component should have absolutely no effect on runtime...

Issue mapping special members columns to existing dimension columns

first post: jasonplenty wrote: I am experiencing an issue in only some of my SSIS packages where t...

latest post: Tjomme wrote: Hello Todd,Indeed, I found the issue. It is mandatory to link an in...