Discussions under Questions About Best Practices

If you have questions about using this project, please search/browse for an answer here before you post.  Given the number of discussions you see, it's quite likely someone else has asked the same question you have.

If you have a reproducible bug, please go to the Issue Tracker to see if it's been observed by someone else.  If it hasn't please file an Issue with COMPLETE information about how I can reproduce it - otherwise it'll never get fixed.

If you have a suggestion for the project, go to the Issue Tracker to see if it's already been suggested (it probably has) and you can up-vote it to let me know it's important to you.  If it hasn't been suggested yet, please add a new feature request in the Issue Tracker.

Keep in mind that this project keeps going solely out of the passion that I have for data warehousing using Microsoft's toolset - this isn't my job.  Honey will get you more than vinegar, so keep your posts respectable.

Is this project dead?

first post: ianlee74_eahcs wrote: I'm looking for an alternative to the SCD component that ships with...

Error On 5 million Rows

first post: KORSA wrote: Please Help me.component working very slow on a 5 million rowcan an...

latest post: KORSA wrote: i developed my ssis project in x86 system and it's worked good, but...

Use of Row Change Reason

first post: robhale wrote: Hi, I'm new to SSIS but have spent the last 5 years doing Kimball o...

latest post: howetj wrote: Joe I think the point is not about whether this part of the warehou...

Production Release

first post: johnnyjo0152 wrote: Hi All, We are looking to implement the Kimball SCD into a producti...

latest post: alexbates wrote: HiI have implemented this in a large data warehouse project and we ...

SCD 2 EndDate for first record is not null

first post: FaheemIqbal wrote: Hi,Please advice me I am using Kimball component 1.5, I have tested...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: Keep in mind that the SCD component itself isn't making any changes...

Kimball method for Deleted records (SCD1 only)

first post: 00 wrote: I am just wondering what the recommended behaviour for deleted reco...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: Yeah - I think I understand what you're getting at.I suppose I just...

How to work with partial Source sets

first post: 00 wrote: Hi guys, my source data I am retrieving as any records that have be...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: Whenever you're using "CDC" type information in the Source input, y...

how to use Kimball SCD

first post: faizandosani wrote: Hi Todd, Many thanks for the component. but i have little troubl...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: You should vote for issue 3907, add a comment, and watch it for upd...

SCD start date

first post: Knallfrosch wrote: Hello Todd,i found your SCD Copmponent and its realy nice, thank yo...

latest post: toddmcdermid wrote: Using the date that the customer was added to your source system as...

• 1-9 of 9 discussions
    • Previous
    • Next
    • Showing
    • All
    • discussions