Discussions under Possible Bugs/Missing Features?

If you have questions about using this project, please search/browse for an answer here before you post.  Given the number of discussions you see, it's quite likely someone else has asked the same question you have.

If you have a reproducible bug, please go to the Issue Tracker to see if it's been observed by someone else.  If it hasn't please file an Issue with COMPLETE information about how I can reproduce it - otherwise it'll never get fixed.

If you have a suggestion for the project, go to the Issue Tracker to see if it's already been suggested (it probably has) and you can up-vote it to let me know it's important to you.  If it hasn't been suggested yet, please add a new feature request in the Issue Tracker.

Keep in mind that this project keeps going solely out of the passion that I have for data warehousing using Microsoft's toolset - this isn't my job.  Honey will get you more than vinegar, so keep your posts respectable.

problem with effective date values

first post: Joe9 wrote: While configuring Kimbal SCD transformation, I've faced up a proble...

latest post: veskojl wrote: I'm struggling with the same problem. How to use the modification d...

Can I have a configuration file for SCD1 and SCD2 columns?

first post: moslembd wrote: Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to configure the list of col...

Internal Error: Value cannot be null

first post: bfruehman wrote: I'm using the Dimension Merge SCD component in all of our dimensio...

latest post: jian0730 wrote: Thanks for posting this! I am having the exact same issue. Will t...

Unable to Load Data - Out of Memory Errors

first post: robshobs wrote: I am creating a new SCD that will have a large number of records (...

latest post: jakubk wrote: I checked the pragmatic works scd task but unfortunately it has th...

Thoughts on intra-day changes on SCD2 dimensions

first post: tlum wrote: I have cases where it is quite valid to have multiple changes to a...

Bulk load into empty dimension uses too much memory (outofmemory errors)

first post: jakubk wrote: Hi all, I've used the v1.6 task for a few smaller dims but i've go...

Passthrough columns in SCD component

first post: manojuppal wrote: Working on my first SCD data flow and having some starting hiccups...

latest post: WeeeBob wrote: I've come across this one myself, with strangely enough the same ty...

Implementaion for fact table with 15 foreign keys

first post: Sathishchandraraj wrote: I have used this component for dimensions and facts. For Dimension...

latest post: WeeeBob wrote: um think your getting mixed up there. You don't usually use the SCD...

Component seems to hang

first post: palmersu wrote:  First - I love this component, thank you! I have used it many tim...

latest post: stensby wrote: Thank you palmersu, There are more oddities in this case. My sugge...

Migrate 1.5 from SQL2005 to SQL2008

first post: howetj wrote: Hi We have made extensive use of the Kimball SCD wizard (version 1...

latest post: dave_lumley wrote: Hi trevor to migrate from version 1.5 to 1.6 you'll need to rename ...