SQL Server 2012 update


I'm looking for the SQL Server 2012 SSIS Dimension Merge SCD Component.
Thanks in advance for any help.

file attachments


toddmcdermid wrote Apr 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Currently not supported for SQL 2012 - keep watching for an update!

TODeveloper wrote May 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Any ideas when it will be supported?? I don't want to have to use something else...

pauljoubert wrote Jun 23, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Do you have a timeline for updating this component for SQL 2012?

chumeniuk wrote Aug 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Wanting to see if an update was coming any time soon? It appears that Pragmatic was able to get the component to work with 2012.

portisto wrote Nov 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Still no 2012 version? Please guys..

knyazs wrote Nov 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Hi everyone!

I just couldn't wait more for SQL Server 2012 version of this component, so I decided to "workaround": I created wizard for generating TSQL MERGE statement. Maybe it's not so fast as this component, but at least it's FREE.

My project definitely needs more testing and I will be very pleased if you could give me your opinions. Check it here: https://scdmergewizard.codeplex.com/

dro456 wrote Mar 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM

It's almost been a year since the last post... any updates?

dro456 wrote Mar 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM

mohit123narang wrote Jun 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Any Update for this :? I am still looking for the free version as I can't afford a paid version.

CINUE wrote Jun 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I have updated the component to work in SSIS 2012, I'm running tests, if that it works correctly i will publish a link to download.

CINUE wrote Jun 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I use this resources to migrate the component to SSIS 2012:


the common problems are where find dependency assemblies for SQL 2012:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls\v4.0_11.0.0.0__89845dcd8080cc91\Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.DLL v11

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DLL v11

I changed signing key and version too.

i hope this helps.

CINUE wrote Jun 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM

i share my compiled components for SSIS 2012.

lexsmeets wrote Aug 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Thans for the new version. However, we run into an anoying problem when using the component. It looks like it switches the input path of the existing dimenstion and the source data when you reopen it in desing mode and klick 'Finish'.

It results in a change of fields in the output paths.

CINUE wrote Aug 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM

This issue and error "Number of Existing Dimension columns selected (17) doesn't match expected count (43)" seems to be a problem in serialize and deserialize the xml of property "Existing Dimension Columns".

I'll update the component when the problem is fully corrected.

RadimHampel00 wrote Oct 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Hi, do you have any update on the serialization? We ran into same problem recently. If you want any help with development, let me know.

CINUE wrote Oct 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I share the source code in case anyone wants to help solve the problem.

pedelstein wrote Jun 2, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Has anyone been able to successfully get this to work with 2012? Everything appears to work fine until the package is run and then get an error "The component metadata for Dimension Merge Slowly Changing Dimension could not be upgraded to the newer version of the component"

Anyone else have this issue or know how to get past it?

pedelstein wrote Jun 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Here is the exact error. If anyone has any suggestions or things to let me know.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: The component metadata for
"Dimension Merge Slowly Changing Dimension 1, clsid {874F7595-FB5F-40FF-96AF-FBFF8250E3EF}"
could not be upgraded to the newer version of the component. The PerformUpgrade method failed.

[Dimension Merge Slowly Changing Dimension 1 [2]] Error:
The component is missing, not registered, not upgradeable, or missing required interfaces.
The contact information for this component is "".

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: Dimension Merge Slowly Changing Dimension 1
failed validation and returned error code 0xC0048021.

CINUE wrote Sep 9, 2014 at 8:12 PM


You don't have installed the component correctly, and if you are migrating your package from 2008, you need to change manually the component string in package by editing the xml,because the version attached for 2012 has different public key token and version:
<property dataType="System.String"  name="UserComponentTypeName">MouldingAndMillwork.SSIS.DimensionMergeSCD, DimensionMergeSCD110, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5b38e594cb4f6ad4</property>