Unable to use Kimball Slowly Changing Dimension Componet for SSIS 2005 (when installing after 2008 version)
Just realized that even when getting the componet to install sucessfully using the binary install, the DLL is named the same regardless of it being 2005 or 2008.
As a result only one DLL (version of the component) is supported per machine.
Including steps to reproduce to assist others who might have encountered this problem.
Steps to Reproduce:
Did not use the Kimball_SCD_v1.4 2009-03-09_Setup_2005.msi
This msi did not work for getting the componnts into the right place to add to BIDS 2005
- Copied files from .zip to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents\
- Opened the Command Line Utiltiy cmd.exe using Run As... Administrator
- Changed directory to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents
- Ran command gacutil /i "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents\SSISComponentUtilities.dll"
- Ran command gacutil /i "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents\KimballMethodSCD.dll"
Added to BIDS toolbox in Data Flow Transformations section
a. Right clicked on section of tookbox and selected Choose Items...
b. On Choose Toolbox Items dialog, selected the SSIS Data Flow Items tab
c. On SSIS Data Flow Items tab, selected the Kimball Method Slowly Changing Dimension component
- Attempted to add Kimball Slowly Changing Dimension Component to SSIS 2005 Data Flow
- Received error:
The component could not be added to the Data Flow task.
Please verify that this component is properly installed.
The data flow object "MouldingAndMillwork.SSIS.KimballMethodSCD, KimballMethodSCD, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8b0551303405e96c" is not installed correctly on this computer.
Browsed to C:\WINDOWS\assembly (the GAC or Global Assembly Cache)
a. located KimballMethodSCD