Can somebody share the sourcecode for setup project

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Hi,

The setup project is missing in the source code. If somebody can share the source code for the same it will be helpful. I know that installer installs the dll in the GAC and then moves to the SQL Server installation path.

Though it is simple, I want to use this setup project as a benchmark for creating setups for other custom components like EOD, which don't have the setup.

Thanks,

P

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Sorry about that - I'll try to add that to the source next time around.  In the meantime, you could check the Send HTML Mail Task - it's got an installer.  It's for a Task - so it's a little different.  It copies the DLL to the Tasks subfolder, not the PipelineComponents folder.  You'll also have to include the second DLL and GAC that too.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:05 AM
Thanks Todd. I have built the Setup for Error Output Description. So I will soon share it on the forum.

I figure it out myself by adding the dll in GAC folder and then Program Files- MS Sql Server-100-DTS-PipelineComponents folder in the Visual Studio Setup project.

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:09:42 -0700
Subject: Re: Can somebody share the sourcecode for setup project [kimballscd:216191]

Sorry about that - I'll try to add that to the source next time around. In the meantime, you could check the Send HTML Mail Task - it's got an installer. It's for a Task - so it's a little different. It copies the DLL to the Tasks subfolder, not the PipelineComponents folder. You'll also have to include the second DLL and GAC that too.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (kimballscd@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email kimballscd@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Make the world eco-friendly through MSN Green Drag n' drop