Error when running in parrallel

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Edited Jun 22, 2010 at 11:50 AM

When running several KSCD in parrallel I get intermittent problems where one will fail.  And the error is always the same:

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: "component "MSC_SCD Legal Entity" (862)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISCORRUPT".

However, when run in sequence the components complete succesfully every time.  The fix is to run them in sequence, not ideal but does the job for now.

Anyone else experience this?

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Is there any other information included in the report? Does it say what specifically caused the component to report it was corrupt?
Jul 9, 2010 at 10:01 AM

This is the whole error message:

Error: 0x0 at DFT Load Industry Dim, MSC_SCD Industry: Internal error (Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.) validating component.
Error: 0xC004706B at DFT Load Industry Dim, SSIS.Pipeline: "component "MSC_SCD Industry" (2184)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISCORRUPT".
Error: 0xC004700C at DFT Load Industry Dim, SSIS.Pipeline: One or more component failed validation.
Error: 0xC0024107 at DFT Load Industry Dim: There were errors during task validation.
Information: 0x4001100C at DFT Load Industry Dim: Aborting the current distributed transaction.

The above is 1 package that has 7 data flows, each data flow contains 1 KSCD.  When not in a sequence any one of the 7 data flow will fail with the same error above.  When in sequence none of the data flows fail.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I'm sorry I can't give you anything definitive at the moment.  There's got to be some interaction between the various instances of the component when they're running several in parallel.  I'll have to work up a test and see if I can replicate the behaviour somehow - and then possibly fix it...

Watch Issue 6280 - That's a "parallel" problem as well, and I'm sure it's related...