No Rows going to ouput

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I am using the component pretty successfully but I have now created an instance of it that is not working. I'm not getting any rows in the output but there are rows in the input. Here's an extract from the processing log where you can see that I have rows in the special members and source system inputs, but no rows in the output:

Information: 0x0 at Load Member Dimension, Kimball Method Slowly Changing Dimension: Input rows processed: 0 Existing Dimension, 3 Special Members, 1530 Source System

Information: 0x0 at Load Member Dimension, Kimball Method Slowly Changing Dimension: Rows output: 0 Unchanged, 0 Invalid Input, 0 New, 0 SCD1, 0 SCD2

Information: 0x0 at Load Member Dimension, Kimball Method Slowly Changing Dimension: 15.7 seconds to complete.

Information: 0x0 at Load Member Dimension, Kimball Method Slowly Changing Dimension: Delays: 0.7s waiting for input (4.3%), 0.0s waiting for row matching (0.0%), 0.0s waiting for row processing (0.0%), 0.0s waiting for output buffers (0.0%)

Information: 0x402090DF at Load Member Dimension, OLE DB Destination [6560]: The final commit for the data insertion in "component "OLE DB Destination" (6560)" has started.

Information: 0x402090E0 at Load Member Dimension, OLE DB Destination [6560]: The final commit for the data insertion in "component "OLE DB Destination" (6560)" has ended.

Information: 0x4004300B at Load Member Dimension, SSIS.Pipeline: "component "OLE DB Destination" (6560)" wrote 0 rows.

Anyone have any idea what would cause rows to not come through at all (not even as invalid input). It seems like all the rows from the source should be in one of the outputs?

Thanks

Sean

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Quick update on this - after reading another discussion about the component hanging when the existing dimension is empty I decided to try turning off threading and it seems like that makes it work. Hopefully the 1.5 threading fixes will address this - so, any idea when I can get 1.5? :-)