Multiple Business Keys

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Let me start by saying thank you for such a great component.  I'm still in the evaluation/learning stages of using this tool, but I really like what I've used so far. 

I'm having difficulty with having more than 2 business keys that are varchar(50).  In my test data I started out with 4 varchar(50) fields as my business keys and the component hung in BIDS when I ran it.  When I reduced the number of Business Keys to 2, everything worked perfectly.  If I added in a third key, things broke again.  If I substituted the keys around, they all work just fine as long as I'm only using 2.  (Since I'm using test data I'm able to have my keys be consistant to test the scenarios)  Is this by design? or have I stumbled on to a legitimate issue?  I really appreciate the feedback.  In my current DW I have a composite key of 3 fields where this may come up. 

In my setup I'm only making 2 SCD1 changes, I have an integer serrogate key, 4 varchar(50) business keys, an SCD2 Effective Date and an SCD2 Expiry Date.  Very simple examples for learning.  I'm using v1.4 Studio 2005.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2010 at 5:59 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.